What are some questions I should ask a prospective agent?
So, you’re thinking about buying a new home! The first place to start is by looking for a professional to help you. An experienced real estate agent will “bind” together the entire process. The right pro will help you find the right property and keep things on track from shopping to closing.
Here are some key questions to ask the agents you are interviewing:
- Do you represent the buyer or the seller?
- What are your fees and who pays them?
- How much time will you have to help me look for a new home? What tasks will you perform for me as my representative?
- How often will you communicate with me, and how can I reach you?
- Will you refer me to some buyers you have represented recently?
- Do you have access to the area multiple listing service, foreclosed listings and other sources of information about available houses?
- Will you show me all the available houses in my price range, even if they are listed by another company?
- Will you give me a comparative price analysis for any homes I am considering?
Call us now or send an e-mail to take advantage of our years of experience helping people find the home they want and can afford. We’d love to help you, too!
Buying a home directly from the owner will save on the cost of the house, right?
Wrong! The “for-sale-by-owner” sellers are doing their own marketing to save the commission a professional real estate agent would charge. So what is left for you to save? In fact, you might end up paying more if the house is overpriced. Beware of these costly pitfalls:
As professionals with the answers to your home-buying questions, we can make your search for a new home less confusing. Call or e-mail us, or click on “Ask Your Own Questions.”